BotaniCuisine, affiliates, and associated program partners respect and appreciate the many differences among all people. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status or genetic information in our programs and activities.
People ordering food from BotaniCuisine or those visiting participating businesses are expected to adhere to this non discrimination policy.
1. Learn to recognize and understand your own privilege.
• Five Types of privilege you probably have no idea
you're benefitting from.
2. Examine your own biases and consider where they
may have originated.
3. Validate the experiences and feelings of people of color.
• Watch, "13th" the documentary on Netflix.
• Books: Americanah or Hidden Figures (also a film)
4. Challenge the "colorblind" ideology.
7 Reasons Why "Colorblindness" Contributes to Racism
5. Call out racist "jokes" or statements.
• How to handle racists jokes or comments.
• Learn about microaggressions.
6. Find out how your company or school works to expand
opportunities for people of color.
Systemic Racism: 15 Charts That Prove
We're Far From Post-Racial
7. Be thoughtful with your finances.
Five Ways to Use Your Money to Support Black Lives
8. Adopt an intersectional approach in all aspects of your life.
• All forms of oppression are connected.
• You cannot fight against one form of injustice
and not fight against others.
• Read: Reimagining Humanity & the Uncomfortability
of Black Veganism
Please visit this page for an expanded explanation
of each of the above ways to fight racism.