PRODUCT & SERVICE VENDORS
The Smackdown is mainly a food event, not a typical veg fest. However, product / service vendors are still a vital part of this event, and a great opportunity to help your business grow.
Vendor Space Availability
ª Limited number of spots. At this time information is being gathered from everyone interested in vending.
• Number of vendors and space-per-vendor still need to be finalized. Final hall plan is expected very soon from RHouse.
• Equal consideration given to everyone who's business is aligned with the purpose of this event. Everyone will have a fair chance to have a table space.
• More than 8 vendors would be great if there's enough space, pending final plans from RHouse.
• As of 1/7/19. there are plans to have four
8-foot tables; 8 product/service vendors total.
• Two vendors share an 8-foot table for $75 each.
• Enough space to store supplies and products under the table, and a few feet behind you.
• Possibly room to bring an additional small table, maybe 3- or 4-sq. ft. or rectangle. Will update after receiving final hall plan from RHouse.
Thank you for your interest in vending at the Smackdown!
Each vendor is vital to the success of this event and an excellent opportunity to help grow your business.
One spot open as of 1/17/19
• All burgers are slider-sized.
• Buns: thin, bottom-only, or no bun.
• Well-established restaurants or well-established pop-up business that can make at least 700 burgers for this event.
• Must have a 'brick-and-mortar" location or well-established, consistent pop-up locations where people can visit on a regular basis.
• Event organizer, Nancy Poznak, must sample
the burgers you will serve prior to being accepted
as a vendor.
• Burgers are slider-size so people can enjoy all six.
• People can buy burgers for take-out; biodegradable containers will be provided (see below).
• I will keep burger vendors informed of the number
of event registrations. About 700 or more people are expected to attend; maximum is 1,000.
• Dining service is split into morning (11 am – 1 pm)
and afternoon (2 pm - 4 pm) sessions.
• People will likely continue buying food during the Presentation from 1-2 pm, although there will
be fewer people in the food lines than during dining service times.
All Burgers Will Be Priced the Same
• Avoids a vender having an unfair advantage (selling for less) or out-price their burgers (selling for more).
• Assures attendees of the same consistency in quality and value.
• We (all burger vendors and event organizer) will agree upon a per-burger price and on multiple-burger prices as soon as we have everyone 'on board.'
• Buffet line so everyone passes by each vendor
and avoids having to wait in six lines for food.
• Individual vendor service on the opposite side of vendor station for those who want to purchase from specific vendors.
Vendors Have Benefits of Sponsorship Perks
• Logo and website link included in all event marketing, on event website, and in event brochure given to each person who attends.
• Two complimentary tickets for each vendor, transferable to anyone.
Biodegradable Food Service Items
• Food trays, containers and utensils (sporks) will be purchased in bulk by Nancy Poznak, Event Organizer, founder of BotaniCuisine.
• Costs for these will be split among all vendors, according to need, making them very affordable
and providing consistent food service throughout
• Vendors will purchase their share at cost,
with no price mark-up.
• Items stacked at the start of the buffet line:
Food trays, napkins, and sporks. Left-over containers will be distributed among vendors.
• Items at each vendor station: single-serve burger cups, side dish cups, to-go cartons for multiple burger purchases. Each vendor will also have a supply of food trays, napkins, and sporks if patrons request them.
Left-over items are property of each vendor.
One spot open as of 12/30/18
• Bakery items, cookies, ice cream
• Vending stations are $100 each.
• Vendor station size to be determined after
final hall plans received from RHouse.
• Provide individual servings and also
multiple item purchases, upon request.
• Dessert vendors will be stationed in different
places within the main dining area.
Biodegradable Food Service Items
Food containers and utensils (sporks) will be purchased in bulk by Nancy Poznak, Event Organizer, founder of BotaniCuisine.
• Costs for these will be split among all vendors, according to need, making them very affordable and providing consistent food service throughout the event.
• Vendors will purchase these at cost, with
no price mark-up. Whatever vendors buy
is theirs to keep.
No drink vendors yet.
• Only nonalcoholic drinks.
• Natural products only. No sodas with excessive sugar, no toxic chemicals, no artificial ingredients.
• Only bottles or cans that can be recycled.
• BotaniCuisine may purchase drinks in bulk
to sell if there are no drink vendors.
• In addition to drinks, considering having water stations where drink bottles, cans, or water bottles can be refilled.