One spot open as of 3/27/19
• Well-established restaurants or well-established pop-up business that can make at least 500 burgers for this event.
• Photo of burger and general ingredient list must be submitted no later than April 7 to: VeganBurgerSmackdown@yahoo.com
• One spot open that can be for a chef who does not have a restaurant or pop-up. The burger recipe must be made available to share at the event and posted on this website.
• Event organizer, Nancy Poznak, must sample
the burgers you will serve prior to being accepted
as a vendor.
• Burgers are slider-size so people can enjoy all six.
• People can buy burgers for take-out; biodegradable containers will be provided (see below).
• Burger vendors informed of the number of registrations, starting three weeks before the event. About 400-500 people are expected to attend.
• Dining service
Morning Munchers: 11 am – 1:15 pm
Presentation 12:30 – 1:15 pm
Afternoon Noshers:1:30 – 4 pm
Presentation: 3–3:45 pm
• Food service continues throughout the event, including during the presentations.
• 15 minute break between morning and afternoon sessions.
Burgers and Buns
• All burgers are slider-sized.
• Buns are optional: thin is best.
• Some gluten-free buns needed. When purchasing tickets, patrons are asked if they want gluten-free options. The number of these requests will be provided at least a week prior to the event.
• Patrons pay $4/burger, Vendors are reimbursed $3/ burger by BotaniCuisine.
• One Queue so everyone passes by each vendor
and avoids having to wait in six lines for food.
• Purchase through event ticketing website: All burgers are purchased through eventticketing via TicketTailor prior to the event and via Square payments during the event.
• Tokens: Patrons receive tokens for burgers they purchase, and exchange these tokens for burgers
at each vendor station..
Vendors Have Benefits of Sponsorship Perks
• Logo and website link or business name included in
event marketing, on event website, and in event brochure.
• Two complimentary Classic tickets for each vendor,
transferable to anyone.
Biodegradable/Compostable Food Service Items
• Food trays, containers and utensils (sporks) will be purchased in bulk by Nancy Poznak, Event Organizer, founder of BotaniCuisine. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• Costs for these will be split among all vendors, according to need, making them very affordable and providing consistent food service throughout the event.
• Vendors will purchase their share of items at cost,
with no price mark-up.
• Items stacked at the start of the buffet line:
Food trays, napkins, and sporks.
• Items at each vendor station: single-serve burger cups, to-go cartons for multiple burger purchases, food trays, napkins, and sporks.
• Left-over items are the property of each vendor.
Arrival & Set-Up at the Event Hall
• Burger Vendors must arrive between 8 and 8:30 am and clean-up and exit the hall by 6 pm.
• See the directions and parking map. There are enough parking spaces right next to the hall for vendors.
PRODUCT & SERVICE VENDORS
NO SPOTS OPEN
• Although the Smackdown is mainly a food event with entertainment, and there i space for just a few nonfood vendors. This is an excellent opportunity to help your business grow.
• All products and services must be vegan and vegan-friendly. Preference is given to all-vegan businesses.
Vendor Spot Includes one 6-ft. table available with one chair.
• $150 for entire event, includes table and chair.
Vendor must provide table cover.
Thank you for your interest in vending at the Smackdown!
Each vendor is vital to the success of this event, which
is an excellent opportunity to help grow your business.
ONE SPOT OPEN
• Only nonalcoholic drinks.
• Natural products only. No sodas with excessive sugar, no toxic chemicals, no artificial ingredients.
• Only bottles or cans that can be recycled.
• BotaniCuisine may purchase drinks in bulk
to sell if there are no drink vendors.
• In addition to drinks, considering having water stations where drink bottles, cans, or water bottles can be refilled.